Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chia Seeds -- A Nutritious Powerhouse!

My first order of chia seeds has arrived! 
(I ordered mine from Bulk Herb Store.) 
Here's the fine print on the package:  "The Chia seed is one of the richest plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, an anti-inflammatory agent that is good for healthy skin and involved in the cholesterol metabolism function.  It is an excellent source of natural antioxidants, protein, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, zinc, copper, and iron.  In fact, Chia contains six times more iron than spinach.  Also, it's gluten free."
 My first method of integrating these little powerhouses into our diet, is to put them in our morning smoothies.  I started by soaking one teaspoon of seeds overnight. 
 Then, I put them in the blender with all my other secret ingredients. 
Have I mentioned that I use Green Superfood to add "green stuff" in a way that is palatable?
AND, Liquid Stevia sweetens while keeping the calories low.
Throw in carrots, some fruit that is isn't getting eaten, 
frozen berries and cherries from Costco, and some juice.
Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment