Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- We are starting to save diapers! In the long run, this will be an enormous savings.
- We can fit the potty time and diaper changing into our schedule for convenience. When it has been a couple of hours and he is dry but we know that changing his diaper later will be inconvenient, we just take him to the potty and relieve him on our time table. This helps us with our routines.
- We avoid the unexpected "fountains" that soak his outfit, the changing table, and us. If we have to change his diaper because of poo or an earlier pee, we can put him on the potty to make sure he isn't going to surprise us with anything more.
- Poo that ends up in the potty saves us from some major messy blow-outs.
- He already knows that the potty is where he should go to relieve himself. He fusses when he needs to be taken. It is my hope that this will translate into full potty training success very early on so that we don't struggle with regular potty training.
I have read a couple of books on infant potty training and the one I most recommend is "Diaper Free: The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene" by Ingrid Bauer
Monday, November 9, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
The ultrasound today didn't provide any photos because baby is head-down (yippee) and he is facing towards my back. But, they estimate his current weight to be 6 lbs and 4 oz.!
My next ultrasound is next Monday to check on the placenta / blood flow status. I would appreciate prayer that the placenta stays healthy and doesn't put baby at risk, as well as for labor to begin without doctor intervention.
Monday, August 24, 2009
We must be getting close, because September already has 11 doctor appointments scheduled. So I guess if you need to get ahold of me next month, just call the hospital. :)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
So, this first picture says it all. Jason thought he was going to get away with whipping out a quick batch of cookies without any help. Juggling this foreign task (baking) WHILE including Emmett was just about more than he could handle. LOL.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Building a pyramid stone-by-stone, or sugar cube-by-sugar cube.
The completed pyramid -- ready to last a few thousand years.
A cuneiform clay tablet. Can you guess or figure out what Emmett wrote?
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
It may feel like an oven outside; but this morning, we were able to purchase the last kiddie wading pool in the state! Emmett has been out on our back deck playing for hours, turning into a prune, and having a blast.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Escaping a bamboo jungle.
Cooling off with a snow-cone.
Our favorite Malt Shop.