Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Summary of 3 Doctor Visits

The first visit was on Monday. This was a consultation for my hypertension over at Maternal-Fetal Medicine. The best part was the plan that was laid out to regularly monitor my status and baby's development. The worst part was the lack of confidence I came away with that the end of this pregnancy would turn out any better than the last one...it sounded very much like I could expect a stay in the hospital and early delivery. Well, at least I'll be mentally prepared this time!

Today, I had two more appointments. The first was an ultrasound and genetic testing. Baby is looking so perfect! Even at this early stage, baby clearly looks like baby! We could see arms and legs and watch baby kick, turn, and wave. What a beautiful sight! Baby is 5.8 cm long (crown-to-rump) with a heart rate of 164 bpm. So far, so good on all the tests. We'll know more on the genetic testing in about a week and a half.

The third appointment was just the standard prenatal appointment and was quite anti-climatic after the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment