Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Possible Twin

So, the really fantastic news is that the baby's heartbeat showed up on the ultrasound today! Monday there was nothing that we could see; and today, there is a little heart beating 103 beats per minute. The baby measures at 5 weeks, 5 days; and the estimated due date is October 23.

Meanwhile, if you travel a few inches to the left, there is what is possibly a second gestational sac in my ovary. They aren't totally sure what it is yet and will be closely monitoring the situation. My next ultrasound is Monday afternoon.

The chances of a heterotopic pregnancy (one in the uterus, one elsewhere) is 1 in 30,000, but my doctor says they are going to treat me as though I'm that one.

Prayer requests: 1. That whatever is currently in my ovary will not cause a problem and not require surgery. 2. That the little bit of hemorraging that showed up on the ultrasound will not be a problem.

I feel so blessed for all the prayers on my behalf and that of the baby's. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment