Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mrs. Salter's Peanut Butter Pie (courtesy of Paula Deen)

Every once in awhile, Jason will start snooping around in the pantry and refrigerator trying to locate expired products. This drives me crazy!!! Partially, because it makes me feel bad that so many things have gone to waste; but MOSTLY because he usually does it at the most inopportune times, and he peppers his rummaging with things like "what were you planning on doing with this?" or "this expired 6 months ago!" Well, about a week ago, he found some peanut butter about ready to expire, so I pulled out this recipe I've been wanting to try ever since I saw it on Food Network months ago.

Peanut Butter Pie

  • 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • pre-made pie crust

Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix all other ingredients until smooth and fold in whipped cream until well blended. Pour mixture into crust and chill for several hours before serving.

Hopefully, Jason will like this treat for after dinner tonight. On second thought...that might send him back to scrounging around my kitchen looking for more products for me to cook with...

No comments:

Post a Comment