Monday, March 2, 2009

And The Process Continues...

Today's ultrasound was really exciting. Baby is doing so well! The heart was beating 115 times per minute and the crown-to-rump length is 8 mm. The picture of baby actually shows some shape instead of just a little dot.

BUT...they aren't letting me off the hook to join the ranks of "normal pregnancies" yet. Whatever is going on in my left ovary is still there and they want to continue to monitor it closely. I had another blood draw today and I'm scheduled for a FOURTH ultrasound (and blood draw) on Thursday afternoon.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying. I feel so covered in prayer. The baby is looking so great and I am feeling really good. I've been headache free and [other than some slight discomfort on my side] things are fairly uneventful.

The main prayer request is that whatever it is in my ovary (the twin, as they are currently assuming) will go away on its own so that I don't have to have surgery, which would be risky for the baby. And, that if it doesn't go away on its own, that they will get to it before it ruptures, which would be extra risky for the baby (and for me).

I'll try to post again on Thursday after my appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment